Follow fun updates as well as interesting stories about clients, volunteers and supporters of SFBFS

February 29, 2012

Thankful for SFBFS

Before I got hired on with Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) in 2009, I was a volunteer at SFBFS for six years. Living right next door to SFBFS, I began volunteering because it was an opportunity to be around positive people and turn my life around. Volunteering at SFBFS is how I gained my work knowledge because I helped in several different departments and programs. In 2009, SFBFS employees asked if I was interested in becoming an employee with SFBFS. I saw this as an opportunity to move forward in my life.

Growing up and living in Oak Park I’ve seen a lot. But at SFBFS I’ve learned a lot about people and about myself too. I’ve learned to not be the old person that I was but be the new person that I am. I’ve been learning that if you give respect you’ll get it back.

Today I am grateful for everything that SFBFS has done for me. In return I give my full dedication to helping others in need. In the near and far future I hope that we can continue to provide services to people that are in need.

Submitted by Freddie Jimenez, Warehouse Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment