Follow fun updates as well as interesting stories about clients, volunteers and supporters of SFBFS

March 5, 2012

Food Changes Lives

I regularly enjoy Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services’ (SFBFS) thrice weekly food distributions, but today was a little more special than other days. My SFBFS family made the best of my rainy, damp birthday. Many people would be sad or upset when having to work outside in the rain, but I felt blessed just serve over 150 families so they may have food on their table for a week.

I am amazed on what SFBFS is doing here in the Sacramento area. Not only do they educate families about the food that we are serving, but also how to prepare the meals. I learn something new almost every distribution day. I soak in what we’re providing and educate myself so I can take it home and share the information that we’re proving for families year round with my family and make it part of our lives too. Without the great resources that SFBFS provides, I don’t think I would be where I’m today with the new way of life of eating better and educating my mind and soul. I am a walking example how SFBFS can change a life forever.

There are so many great things SFBFS is doing, it’s hard for me to single out the best moment since I’ve joined SFBFS’ family two years ago. However, I can tell you it has changed me for the better. I feel so luck to be part of an organization like this. It is a blessing for many years to come and many birthdays with my SFBFS family.

There are so many great moments and memories at SFBFS; from the Turkey Drive, Turkey Distribution and Run to Feed the Hungry to Race for the Ring and even celebrating my birthday on a distribution day. If you want to give back and change lives, please join us at one of our food distributions. I can never give back what SFBFS has given me - a new way of life. I’m a proud employee of SFBFS and you will find me behind the scenes every day trying to make a difference.

Submitted by Eugene Lopez, Food Logistics Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment