Follow fun updates as well as interesting stories about clients, volunteers and supporters of SFBFS

February 3, 2014

There Are Angels Among Us

I have the honor and privilege to work for Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) as the Parent Education Program Manager at our main campus in Oak Park. Eight years ago, I came to our organization looking to improve my life by learning English in the Adult Education program, not imagining that my life would change so much. Now, thanks to the opportunity of being able to work for our organization, I am able to help other families who are struggling like mine was.

Through the assistance of our dedicated and compassionate volunteers, who I call our “Angels”, we are able to provide services free of cost to expectant families, parents and guardians of children 0-5 years of age in need in the Sacramento area.

Our volunteers help us by offering support to mothers, fathers and guardians who are raising children to the best of their ability. Volunteers assist with setting up for classes, teaching courses/classes, working on special projects, receiving and sorting donations, helping clients shop, bagging baby supplies, stocking the Children’s Boutique, taking care of children in our PlayCare area and other client support functions.

I could continue sharing all of the great things our volunteers do in our program, but there are not enough words to describe how amazed and grateful I am for the dedication, compassion and generosity of the great team of volunteers we have. My life has forever been changed because of the time I have spent with them and all of the great advice they have given me to do my job better. I will never be able to fully express my gratitude to them.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart to our “Angels” who help us every day making a difference in the lives of so many families.

If you are interested in volunteering your time for one of SFBFS’ programs, please contact our Volunteer Services Manager at volunteer@sacramentofoodbank.org.

Submitted by Lorena Carranza, Parent Education Program Manager at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. 

No comments:

Post a Comment