Follow fun updates as well as interesting stories about clients, volunteers and supporters of SFBFS

February 26, 2014

SMUD EnergyHELP

My name is Deborah and I am the Sacramento Municipal Utility Department (SMUD) EnergyHELP Representative at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS).  I have held this position for a little over five years and have had the opportunity to help thousands of people.

SMUD and SFBFS have been partners in the SMUD EnergyHELP Program for over 13 years. This service helps people who are in jeopardy of having their energy disconnected. A one-time payment ranging from $100 - $200 is credited to the person who qualifies for the program.  The individuals selected for the program are chosen by SMUD through a random lottery selection when the disconnection notices are sent out.  From the date they are selected, the individual has five days to come to SFBFS for an appointment.  At the appointment, they must bring their SMUD bill and proof of income to qualify for this service. 

I look forward to the years to come in helping those less fortunate than myself. The people I help are all kinds of minorities and different ages, which make my job even more interesting. I have heard their stories, cried with them and laughed with them. I am so proud of my job here at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services.

Photo by SMUD

Submitted by Deborah DeCuir, SMUD EnergyHELP Representative at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. 

1 comment: