Follow fun updates as well as interesting stories about clients, volunteers and supporters of SFBFS

April 24, 2014

A Family Affair

When I announced to my family that I had been offered and accepted a position with Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) they were all thrilled and immediately wanted to know how they too could get involved. Luckily for them, there are many ways to support SFBFS, including six programs and various events throughout the year. To help my family learn more about the programs SFBFS offers and the clients who benefit from them, I invited them down for a tour of the Oak Park facility. The looks on their faces as we walked through the Education & Technology Center, the Demonstration Garden and the Arata Brothers building made me feel so proud to be part of an organization that does so much good for the Sacramento Community.

Since then supporting SFBFS has truly become a family affair. My husband and mother-in-law volunteered to hand out food and water at the 20th annual Run to Feed the Hungry. My sister and mom cleaned out their closets and brought bags full of clothing down to donate to the Clothing program. My Oma crochets baby hats and booties and donates dozens of them to the Parent Education program on a regular basis. In fact, she was even featured in the February 2014 donor spotlight.

I am humbled and honored to be part of such a wonderful organization and to be able to share that feeling and experience with my family is very special. Their support over just the past few months is overwhelming and fills me with gratitude. I look forward to many more months (and years) to come of supporting SFBFS as a family. 

Submitted by Melissa Arnold, Development Officer at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. 

No comments:

Post a Comment